Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Eating Machine

When I finish a long run, I usually need ~8 hours before I'm really ready to demolish a heavy meal.  Until then, I force myself to eat the things I know I should be eating - but I keep it as cool & light as I can get away with, from a refueling perspective.

This morning, I rode 50 miles.  My Garmin (set for my height, weight, etc.) calculated that ride to be worth about 2,300 calories.  I don't really pay this number much mind, but...I haven't stopped eating since I got off the bike (at 2 PM).  Over the last 4 hours, I've consumed:

1 glass lemonade

1 Luna bar
1 PB&J sandwich
1 Quaker granola bar
2 cups pineapple chunks
16 dried seaweed strips
1.5 cups strawberries
1 medium caeser salad
1 cup corn chowder
16 oz chocolate milk
~zillion oz water

And I have to stop there, because I'm coaching in an hour.  While the temp is dropping and the pace will be easy, none of us (them or me) really want to revisit any of this food.

But don't worry.  I still have dinner to eat later tonight!

Does cycling make anyone else this hungry...?

No comments:

Post a Comment