Friday, August 10, 2012

Welcome and Introductions

Hi! I'm Holly.  I'm a runner, scientist, swimmer, coach, and wanna-be cyclist.  See Holly (Sort of) Cycle:

Introducing: Holly
I've recently relocated to Los Angeles, and I happen to have a bit of free time over the next few months.  One of my goals for this time is to take my relationship with cycling from "flirtation" to "dating".


My trusty steed is a Raleigh Cyclocross bike:

Introducing: Holly's Bike
(Note to self: She really does need a name, and a better headshot.)
Over the past three summers, I have bicycle commuted to and from work (~2.5 miles each way) and on short-distance errands.  I even played around with a short duathlon or two.  But I really think cycling and I have chemistry, and I'd like to put some time into this relationship to see where it goes. 

So join me - and help keep me accountable - as I focus on getting comfortable on my bike and learning how to cycle in (and around) a city, all while exploring parts of LA that I'd probably otherwise ignore.  

I'm as ready as I'll ever be - So let's go!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your journey. I'm secretly toying with the idea of adding cycling to my bag of tricks as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like someone's been hanging in Placid... :-)

      Delete