Monday, August 27, 2012

Waiting...

Oh, man.

It's happening again.

My poor bike is leaning against the piano, begging for some fun.

I'm sitting at home, waiting to sign for a FedEx package.  Can't leave, because unfortunately, I don't think FedEx will deliver to "the girl on the bike", address " at the intersection of dirt and paved path, near the horse ranch, southern side of Griffith Park".

[And that's probably a good thing.  Riding back home with a Poang chair cushion would be exciting.  Cruising down from the Observatory with that item strapped to my back would probably result in my taking flight.]

But I was out of  town for 4 days last week, and the un-portability of a bike is seriously annoying.  While I managed to sneak in some running on my jam-packed trip (thank you, treadmill), I didn't bike one bit.  And now, I'm itching to get back out.  

So, here I wait (and work, and blog) for my delivery.  Extra delicious?  I ran 12 miles this morning, but am afraid to hop in the shower, on the off-chance that the driver arrives during the 6 minutes I'm indisposed  Thankfully, we don't have any pets - and our plants don't mind that I smell.

Stinkily and productively yours,
"I'd rather be cycling" Holly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment